Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Love Your Layout: May 2011



Close To My Heart has a new series of how to video for Studio J. It is called Love Your Layout. Here is the first one. If you want to get more one on one instructions then join my Studio J group. Each month I will teach an online live Studio J class.  Together we will walk through creating a layout, possibly 2 based on time, and then I will help you personalize it.  One of the many great things about Studio J is that no matter what paper packet we start with you can customize the color palette to work for your pictures. Before the live class I will email you some details about the layout including how many photos and what direction the photo are, the layout template we will be using and colors of the paper. For example we will be using Outdoor Denim, Olive and Sunset or color of your choice.  You will want to log in to Studio J, create a project ie May Studio J order and upload your pictures before the class begins. I will also email you a session ID number. You will need that to log on to the live class. Now you are ready to sit in your comfy cloths at your computer in your own home and create with me.

How is this possible? Through the magic of Mikogo! I have found a free software that will allow you to see my desktop screen and I yours. I will also set up a skype call so that we can all discuss and I can answer questions as we work and or we will have a live chat available. In order for me to see your desktop you will need to download the full organizer version and install it on your computer. Then during our classes as we are creating the layout together if you have a question I can view your desktop and see exactly what you are seeing to better answer your questions.

Now for the group benefit. There are several!
  • You will create 1-2 layouts with instructions each month.
  • You will learn new tips and tricks to truly maximize the power of Studio J
  • You will be preserving your memories and doing something that you have been wanting to do for years!
  • You will be spending time, sharing and learning from people who also love Studio J.
  • The class is FREE!!!
At the Studio J bootcamp we created 10 layouts.  We all started with the same template, paper packet and kit mix but looking at the completed layouts you would be amazed how unique and personal everyone's layouts turned out. I think seeing each others' work will not only inspire but give each other new ideas and be FUN. So after we each put in our monthly Studio J order with a minimum of 4 layouts to take advantage of the free shipping and have downloaded our free jpg files (you must have membership to get these exclusive benefits) I would like to post your layouts on my blog so we can all see what we each came up with. I would also love to see you post your layouts on your facebook accounts and your blogs as well and then link them back to our class post on my blog.

Some of you may be concerned about the technical aspects of participating, posting ect.  Don't worry. I am your tech support. I will help you set up your Mikogo account and help you with any questions you have. So are you ready to begin documenting your family story? Comment, email or call me today and lets get you set up are ready to go!

The first Studio J online class is scheduled for 
Wednesday, May 18th at 8:30. 

1 comment:

  1. ezTalks is the world's leading online video conferencing provider that enables you to connect with people anywhere and anytime. Integrated with HD video conferencing, audio conferencing, screen sharing, content sharing, remote control and other powerful features, it can be widely applied to all industries
    alternative to skype for business
    best desktop sharing software
    alternative to webex

    ReplyDelete