Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

"I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.
I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.
I will not throw my food around or pick upon another.
I'll always try to be real good because I am the Mother."
~ author unknown





Happy Mother's Day!  I would just like to take a moment to thank my own Mom for being so wonderful.  I am so grateful for our relationship, she is not only my Mom but also my friend.  I would also like to thank all of the women who have had an influence in my life and the lives of my children.  It is impossible to raise children by yourself.  "It takes a village" and I am grateful for the contribution from family, grandparents and friends.  You know who you are!

The 16-18 year old girls from my church came over Tuesday night to make Mother's day cards.  We had a great time and I hope their Mom's love the cards.  This first one was my personal favorite.  I loved the simplicity and elegance of the card.  I used the following materials: One of a Kind acrylix stamp set, Just Blooms Paper Flowers Summer Posies collection and Say it in Style acrylix stamp set.

This next card is cute for Mother's day but could also be used for any occasion.  Here is the supply list: Smiles acrylix stamp set, Craft buttons basic collection and Let's Get Together reflections level 2 paper packet (discontinued).

This final card was the class favorite. I think it was because it has "bling!" I made the button sparkly by covering the back with tombow adhesive and then rubbing it on the silver glitter sheet from Glitter Rub-Ons.  I also sprayed the entire card with Tattered Angel's Glimmer Mist. The flower is from our Just Blooms Paper Flowers Big Pinks collection.  I also used 2 stamp sets; Romantic Backgrounds and The Good Life.  Both sets are discontinued.

No comments:

Post a Comment