Monday, January 24, 2011

Studio J: Tips & Tricks - Stickease Gone Wild!

   I love using Close To My Heart stickease on my traditional scrapbook layouts!  They are fast and easy and add the perfect finishing touch.  They are even better in Studio J! Why? Because you can re-size them to fit perfectly on your layout!  On this top layout I used stickease for the "Our" and "Vacation" to create the title "Our Family Vacation."  I was able to re-size the stickease to fit perfectly in the space available. 

 On the this second layout I added the castle stickease next to the title the quote stickease to the bottom of the page and the little corner stickease to the right hand page.  The corner stickease helps draw your eye to the picture of the castle. On almost all of my Disney World layouts I added a stickease tag and then with the title tool labeled each tag with what day of the trip we visited that park. To tack down the tag to the layout I added a brad just like I would on a traditional layout.All the stickease are found in the left hand drop down menu and are sorted by category: titles, quotes, borders, large accents, medium accents and small accents and tags.  Don't be afraid to pull from the different sizes of accents and just re-size them to fit with your layout.
  Another fun little accessory is the button stitches.  Yes the little "x" shaped stitches are intended for the inside of the buttons.  But who says you can't use them on your layout without the button?  This is another fun finishing touch that you often find on traditional layouts but is honestly easier to do in Studio J.  You don't have to poke holes in your layout, thread a needle, stitch your page, knot the thread. Just drag and drop the stitch onto your layout.  You can also add multiple stitches like I did on the top layout.  Then to line them all up just select each one while holding the shift key, right click on your mouse and select the direction you want them to be lined up (either horizontally or vertically).  The stitching on my journaling boxes adds interest to that piece of the layout.
  If you haven't tried out Studio J head on over to my website and create an account for FREE! You only pay for the layouts you have printed.  For the best pricing, free shipping and free sheet protectors check out our membership optionsAlso, stay tuned to hear about an amazing February promotion that is sure to score a "Perfect 10!"

No comments:

Post a Comment