Monday, April 30, 2012

The Perfect Mothers Day gift. . .


  Every Mom knows that you can never have to many pictures of your kids.  They are just so darn cute!!! I know I can look at pictures of my kids for hours. One thing I have become even more and more aware of as I flip through my kids and the family scrapbook album is how few pictures there are of my kids with ME! I am the photographer in the family and so find myself behind the camera during almost all photographed events.  Even my own 30th surprise birthday party there is only 1 photo of me. Ok now let me be clear. I don't actually like to have my photo taken. I am most critical of how I look and what few pictures that are taken of me even fewer of them actually make it into the album. That said I would be really sad if my kids didn't have any pictures of the two of us together.  I don't want my kids to look back on their childhood and ask themselves "Where was Mom?" Documenting our relationship is important enough to overcome any photographic insecurities.
  On Easter Sunday I took the opportunity to have individual pictures taken with each of my kids. I warned them all before church that there would be a mandatory photo session after church. I had bought coordinating Sunday outfits for the girls and matching ties for the boys and the weather was gorgeous. I don't think I have ever edited so many pictures with me in them. Do I love how I look in every photo? No, but I love the relationship that every photo captures. It makes them priceless. I also took individual photos of each of my kids with their Dad. As an added bonus I had my son take some pictures of Jason and I as well. How often do you take pictures of you and your spouse?
  What is the perfect Mother's day gift?  How about scheduling a photo session for your Mom. Get everyone together and lets take pictures of the most important women in your life. I guarantee that she will be SHOCKED that you willingly arranged a photo session and that she will cherish the photos long after the chocolate is consumed and the flowers are wilted. Give me a call and lets schedule your session asap! (435.764.3598)











2 comments:

  1. Priceless! I'm with you...I never seem to be in the photos, which mostly I'm okay with. But, I do want to be remembered! I love that you made it a point to do photos with the most important people in your life. They're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful family !


    Aligaga

    ReplyDelete